Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beauty for Girls

    Girls, we all want to have the perfect Victoria's secret model face and body. Well odds are, you'll never have that look. 90% of their look is Photoshop anyway. I would not want to weigh 90 lbs. You can never achieve the 'perfect look' because it doesn't exist. Those girls on the TV are just, what? 50 out of 7 billion? And think of all the plastic surgery they go through to get that body. Its unnatural.
   I want to tell you a story, when I was in Cinderella state pageant, which is supposed to be an "all natural" no- makeup, fake hair pageant. I got in my dressing room to get ready for my first dinner and let me tell you, I sat for two hours straightening my hair and another hour caking makeup on my face. By the way, my profile picture is a picture of me looking out the window of the hotel after they were done with 'perfecting' me.
   My hair has really tight spiral curls and we had to put a relaxer in it to get it even that strait. The ironic part was that they had to re- curl my hair to get 'Barbi Doll' curls. You know, the big curls that girls with strait hair have almost every day. I did not win the pageant and was considered the 'underdog' because I wasn't blond haired- blue eyed.
   I am half white and half black. At my school there is only one other black person beside me. I know what it is like to 'stick out like a sore thumb' but I wouldn't change who I am for the world. People sometimes comment on how dark of a brown my eyes are that they just looked black. They said that they couldn't see the pupils in my eyes. I really don't care what they say. And if your reading this, and you have problems with what others say, if you remember anything from this blog remember this: "Those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care"... ... a quote form... i don't know who... my friend just said that to me the other day...so ya... ... ... have a miraculous day :D

No comments:

Post a Comment